Major Reasons to Becomean Angel Investor
- Potential financial reward.
- Opportunity to mentor entrepreneurs.
- Opportunity to serve on the Boards of Directors of portfolio companies.
- Opportunity for exceptional professional networking.
- Satisfaction of being involved with a start-up.
- Sense of social responsibility fulfillment.
Members of the Life Sciences Angel Network must:
- Qualify as SEC accredited investors.
- Pay an annual membership fee (discounted to members of other existing angel groups or The New York Academy of Sciences).
- Commit time to the LSAN activities, including:
- Membership dinners.
- Performing due diligence relevant to member's domain expertise.
- Structuring investments.
- Coaching entrepreneurs.
- Agree to participate in at least one LSAN investment per year.
- Understand the risk associated with angel investing.